Effective date: January 5, 2017
Reports To: Community Integration Lead & Day Hab Supervisor.
Customers served (external and internal): all clients, any member of the LifeROOTS Team, board members, all vendors, suppliers and any other members of the public.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions):
- Works with each service recipient in a professional and caring manner, and sets an example through personal actions.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, including tracking work, behavior data sheets, incident/accident reports, daily and monthly progress notes, communication books and attendance records.
- Completes monthly paperwork by the 3rd working day of each month.
- Remains current on all service recipient program planning documents and assessments at all times.
- Implements individual plans and contributes modifications to plans as necessary.
- Assist with medication and informs Supervisor of issues or changes in medication or Treatment Plan.
- Meets daily with all program participants and maintains accurate documentation on all meetings.
- Promotes a creative learning environment.
- Able to take initiative and work one-on-one with Clients if need be.
- Able to handle stressful situations and “behavioral problems”.
- Participates in trainings, seminars and conferences as assigned.
- Contributes to departmental and program goals and objectives, and development.
- Presents ideas and assists in the implementation of program goals on a daily basis.
- Transports service recipients in agency vehicle as directed
- Maintains area in clean, neat fashion at all times.
- Observes safety and models appropriate safety practices in the workplace
- Arrives on time and maintains a good attendance record.
- Remains flexible to new job assignments and responsibilities
- Presents program in a positive, professional manner to the public.
- Uses all supplies and equipment in program in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective and professional relationships with co-workers, service recipients, supervisor and department head.
- Complies with DD waiver, State and General Fund Standards.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS policies and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that all department-applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department -applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensure that all department-applicable safety requirements are fulfilled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Day Hab Supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED
- One year of experience working with people with disabilities; prior experience in Vocational Services or Day Habilitation desirable.Must complete required training within 360 days of employment.
- Participation in recent continuing education programs related to Community Services, per licensing requirements.
- Must complete required training within 360 days of employment.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Community Integration Coach should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience working in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprints and background check.
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license with good driving record and must be insurable under state law.
- Routine operates a company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Physically able to perform essential functions of position without hazard to themselves or others.
- The work is non-sedentary, requiring walking, assisting in lifting and transferring clients, bending, and lifting carrying 50 pounds.
- Must have the capacity to toilet and provide personal care with people with disabilities.
- Assists with wheelchair transfer of non-ambulatory participants.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS, Inc. may revise this job description.
Reporting to the position are:
This job description does not represent an inclusive list of all duties encompassed in this position, but rather serves as a tool to assist the employees in this position. The existence of this job description, or any other job description, does not in any way negate “at will” employment status. The Director of Human Resources of LifeROOTS, Inc. is the only person who may elect to modify or delete this job description at any time upon giving notice to the HR Rep to do so.
- How to apply for this job:
1111 Menaul Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
- Walk in and fill out an application
- Email to: receptionist@LifeROOTSnm.org
Or go our website: www.liferootsnm.org/careers
-download, complete and submit the application