Effective date: February 7, 2017.
Reports To: Project Managers
Customers served (external and internal): all clients, any member of the LifeROOTS Team, board members, all vendors, suppliers and any other members of the public.
Role Summary: Under close supervision, perform routine custodial activities at assigned City of Albuquerque buildings.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions):
- Duties include, but are not limited to, vacuuming floors, sweeping and wet mopping floors, cleaning commodes, sinks, moving furniture, and cleaning urinals; cleaning walk-off mats, removing trash, low dusting, cleaning glass, drinking fountains, spot cleaning, re-supplying the restrooms.
- Operates custodial equipment such as vacuums, mops, small hand and power tools, buffer/scrubber machines and other equipment as assigned.
- Reports safety, sanitary and fire hazards to Project Manager.
- Responsible for performing scheduled tasks in a safe manner and adheres to LifeROOTS, Inc. safety policies.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS polices and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that all department-applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled
- Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department-applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensures that all department-applicable Health and Safety responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Prefer HS Diploma or GED or 1 year custodial experience.
- Must meet the AbilityOne Requirements.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Custodian should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience working in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprints and background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position without hazard to self or others.
- The work is non-sedentary, requiring walking, frequent bending, lifting and carrying 60 pounds occasionally.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS, Inc. may revise this job description.
Reporting to the position are: None
This job description does not represent an inclusive list of all duties encompassed in this position, but rather serves as a tool to assist the employees in this position. The existence of this job description, or any other job description, does not in any way negate “at will” employment status. The Director of Human Resources of LifeROOTS, Inc. is the only person who may elect to modify or delete this job description at any time upon giving notice to the HR Rep to do so.
- How to apply for this job:
1111 Menaul Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
- Walk in and fill out an application
- Email to: receptionist@LifeROOTSnm.org
Or go our website: www.liferootsnm.org/careers
-download, complete and submit the application