Effective date: May 31, 2017
Reports To: Director of Contracts
Customers served (external and internal): all participants, any member of the LifeROOTS Team, board members, all vendors, suppliers and any other members of the public.
Role Summary: Under close supervision, perform routine custodial activities.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions):
- Duties include, but are not limited to, vacuuming floors, sweeping and wet mopping floors, cleaning commodes, sinks, moving furniture, and cleaning urinals; cleaning walk-off mats, removing trash, low dusting, cleaning glass, drinking fountains, spot cleaning, re-supplying the restrooms.
- Operates custodial equipment such as vacuums, mops, small hand and power tools, buffer/scrubber machines and other equipment as assigned.
- Reports safety, sanitary and fire hazards to Director of Contracts.
- Responsible for performing scheduled tasks in a safe manner and adheres to LifeROOTS, Inc. safety policies.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS polices and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that all department-applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled
- Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department-applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensures that all department-applicable Health and Safety responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Contracts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Prefer HS Diploma or GED or 1 year custodial experience.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Custodian should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience working in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Drug Test
- Fingerprints and background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position without hazard to self or others.
- The work is non-sedentary, requiring walking, frequent bending, lifting and carrying 60 pounds occasionally.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS, Inc. may revise this job description.
Reporting to the position are: