Role Summary: Carries out the services of the programs by assisting clients in obtaining and maintaining competitive employment that is consistent with their vocational goals. Engages clients and establishes trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward a goal of competitive employment in community job settings with other workers.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions):
- Monitor and observe LifeROOTS’ Clients in employment/work settings.
- Completes required paperwork accurately and timely according to departmental procedures.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor, LifeROOTS Service Coordinators, employer representatives, and other relevant parties.
- Participates in the development of the client’s Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Participates in job development activities in coordination w/Employment Specialist II.
- Participates in departmental projects.
- Presents program in a positive manner to the public.
- Flexible in responding to varied job assignments – nights, weekends and holiday work may be required.
- Teach individual job skills, requirement utilizing job task analysis, job specific supports including assistive technology.
- Provide personal assistance, as needed, and able to according to limitations/doctor’s restrictions.
- Build natural support network between the individual and co-workers.
- Identify/solve problems before they become a crisis for the individual, employer and co- workers.
- Assists the individual side by side at the job site.
- Analyzes job requirements and break into manageable components that can be taught to the individual.
- Though the main duties of this position will be Job Coaching, this position must cross train with the Community Integration Coach (CIC’s) Job Description.
- Attend all meetings unless prior arrangements have been made with the department head.
- Complies with DD Waiver, Mi Via and State General Funds Standards.
- Maintains conduct that is professional and ethical at all times.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS policies and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that department applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department-applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensure that all department-applicable safety requirements are fulfilled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Employment Specialist II.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED.
- One year of experience working with people with disabilities.
- Participation in recent continuing education programs related to Community Services, per licensing requirements.
- Experience working in business and industry preferable.
- Must complete required training within 360 days of employment.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Job Coach should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Experience working in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprints and background check.
- A valid/current driver’s license with good driving record. Current auto insurance.
- Routinely operates a company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Physically able to perform essential functions of position without hazard to themselves or others.
- The work is non-sedentary, requiring walking, assisting in lifting and transferring clients, bending, and lifting carrying 50 pounds.
- Exposure to changing weather conditions.
- Must have the capacity to toilet and provide personal care with people with disabilities.
- Assists with wheelchair transfer of non-ambulatory participants.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS Inc. may revise this job description.