Role Summary: Responsible for developing community based job placements for people with disabilities. Incumbent shall provide career guidance, job seeking skills training and job sampling opportunities. Engages clients and establishes trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward a goal of competitive employment in community job settings with other workers.
Principal Accountability: (essential job functions):
- Completes Vocational Assessments, either formal or informal, on all individuals in job development.
- Participates in Vocational Profiles as appropriate.
- Coordinates job development activities which relate specifically to the vision of each individual.
- Responsible for the timely completion of the individual’s job development activities in accordance with their formal or informal job development plan.
- Contacts community employers about possible employment opportunities for individuals served.
- Provides information on and/or negotiates with employers regarding job restructuring/carve outs as appropriate.
- Provides one and one assistance with all aspects of the job search, including but not limited to resumes, portfolios, applications, mock interviews, interviews, job samplings and shadowing.
- Maintains accurate and detailed documentation of all job development activities in accordance with LifeROOTS and LTSD procedures.
- Completes all job development documentation including, but not limited to, Progress Notes, Contact Notes, Monthly Worker Summary’s, billing forms and other forms as applicable.
- Assesses potential job sites for possible adaptation/accommodations and brainstorm appropriate assistive technology or adaptive equipment for that site.
- Ensures that consumer transportation to job development activities has been arranged and/or transports service recipients to job site as needed.
- When transporting a Client, must be in done in LifeROOTS Company vehicle and must have written authorization about Client, destination and purpose of the trip signed off by Director of Adult Community Services.
- Communicates regularly with LifeROOTS Service Coordinators and other members of the IDT regarding job development activities.
- Coordinates with Employment Specialist II and Service Coordinators throughout the development process to ensure adequate support is in place.
- Though the main duties of this position will be Job Development through DVR referrals, this position must cross train with the employment Specialist II (Job Coach supervising and scheduling) as well as the Ticket to Work program identified under the Employment Team Supervisor’s Job Description.
- Attends IDT meetings for individuals in job development as requested/as appropriate.
- Attends all other meetings of the job development team as scheduled by Supervisory personnel.
- Assists with job start-up by providing one and one job coaching as needed.
- Assists in development of a transition plan from initial coaching to long-term coaching and follow along by Employment Specialist II.
- Completes a task analysis of all sites upon initial site development.
- Provides education to employers/co-workers regarding individuals with disabilities including one and one and group presentations.
- Assists in marketing activities to include participation in job fairs and business organizations in Albuquerque Metro Area.
- Maintains a positive solution-oriented attitude about job development activities for all individuals served.
- Maintains conduct that is professional and ethical at all times.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS policies and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that all department-applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department-applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensure that all department – applicable safety requirements are fulfilled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Employment Team Supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma, BS preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with persons with disabilities & the business community.
- Ability to convey a professional image and effectively market to area employers, prospective service recipients, and their families.
- Must have proven experience developing and maintaining.
- Good oral and written communication skills a must.
- Responsible for all aspects of job development for individuals served in Community Services.
- Participation in recent continuing education programs related to Community Services, per licensing requirements.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprints and background check.
- Able to pass maintain security clearance (both State & Federal).
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license with good driving record and must be insurable under state law.
- Routine operates a company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Physically able to perform essential functions of position without hazard to themselves or others.
- The work is non-sedentary, requiring bending, lifting and carrying.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS, Inc. may revise this job description.