Customers served (external and internal): all clients, any member of the LifeROOTS Team, board members, all vendors, suppliers and any other members of the public.
Role Summary: Actively engage children in purposeful activities to promote, regain, or maintain health and well being,
using occupational as therapy and enabling individuals to do occupations.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions):
- Evaluates and performs occupational therapies with service recipients.
- Works as a trans-disciplinary team member to evaluate and implement strategies to address outcomes on IFSP’s and ISP’s.
- Maintains required paperwork including daily notes, progress reports and evaluation reports.
- Prepares specialized equipment, apparatus or materials for clients as needed.
- Maintains expected level of efficiency.
- Performs therapy at multiple sites, i.e. at the center, at home, at daycare, etc.
- Acts as resource for families providing information, support and community resources.
- Provides consumer with written instructions for home follow through.
- Complies with standards of ethics established for Occupational Therapists.
- Comply with all applicable LifeROOTS policies and procedures.
- Exercises personnel authority with respect to employment, training, salary changes, performance appraisals and termination of assigned staff members.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that all department – applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department – applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensure that all department – applicable safety requirements are fulfilled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Children’s and Therapy Services Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BS Occupational Therapy; State of New Mexico licensure required.
- Experience in pediatric and physical dysfunction settings for minimum of one clinical affiliation.
- Actively engage children in purposeful activities to promote, regain, or maintain health and well being, using occupational as therapy and enabling.
- Participation in recent continuing education programs related to Children’s Therapy Services, per licensing Requirements.
- Fundamental understanding of LifeROOTS, Inc. policies.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Occupational Therapist should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience working in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprints and background check.
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license with good driving record and must have current auto insurance as required by applicable state law.
- Routinely operates a company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS, Inc. may revise this job description.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position without hazard to themselves or others.
- The work is non-sedentary, requiring walking, bending, lifting, and carrying up to 40 lbs. and positioning service recipients as therapy service requires.
Reporting to the position are: Volunteers, students as assigned