Customers served (external and internal): all clients, any member of the LifeROOTS Team, board members, all vendors, suppliers and any other members of the public.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions):
- Provides direct supervision to CIC Team.
- Acts as role model for CIC Team exhibiting proper safety practices, techniques, work practices in accordance with company policies.
- Performs all daily and weekly tasks required by Center’s Supervisor when the Center’s Supervisor is not present.
- Ensures basic services are done according to the standards.
- Enforces and follows the guidelines.
- Will train staff in AWMD (Assisting with Medication Delivery).
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the monthly activity/outing calendar(s).
- Perform all functions indicated on CIC Job description.
- Works with each service recipient in a professional and caring manner, and sets an example through personal actions.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, including tracking work, behavior data sheets, incident/accident reports, daily and monthly progress notes, communication books and attendance records.
- Completes monthly paperwork by the 3rd working day of each month.
- Remains current on all service recipient program planning documents and assessments at all times.
- Implements individual plans and contributes modifications to plans as necessary.
- Assist with medication and informs Supervisor of issues or changes in medication or Treatment Plan.
- Meets daily with all program participants and maintains accurate documentation on all meetings.
- Promotes a creative learning environment.
- Able to take initiative and work one-on-one with Clients if need be.
- Abel to handle stressful situations and “behavioral problems”.
- Participates in trainings, seminars and conferences as assigned.
- Contributes to departmental and program goals and objectives, and development.
- Presents ideas and assists in the implementation of program goals on a daily basis.
- Transports service recipients in agency vehicle as directed
- Maintains area in clean, neat fashion at all times.
- Observes safety and models appropriate safety practices in the workplace
- Arrives on time and maintains a good attendance record.
- Remains flexible to new job assignments and responsibilities.
- Presents program in a positive, professional manner to the public.
- Uses all supplies and equipment in program in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective and professional relationships with co-workers, service recipients, supervisor and department head.
- Complies with DD waiver, State and General Fund Standards.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS policies and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that all department-applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department -applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensure that all department-applicable safety requirements are fulfilled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Community Services.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED
- One year of experience working with people with disabilities; prior experience in Vocational Services or Day Habilitation desirable.
- Participation in recent continuing education programs related to Community Services, per licensing requirements.
- Must complete required training within 360 days of employment.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Community Integration Lead should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience working in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprints and background check.
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license with good driving record and must be insurable under state law.
- Routine operates a company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Physically able to perform essential functions of position without hazard to themselves or others.
- The work is non-sedentary, requiring walking, assisting in lifting and transferring clients, bending, and lifting carrying 50 pounds.
- Must have the capacity to toilet and provide personal care with people with disabilities.
- Assists with wheelchair transfer of non-ambulatory participants.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS, Inc. may revise this job description.
Reporting to the position are:
Community Integration Coaches (CIC’s)