Customers served (external and internal): all clients, any member of the LifeROOTS Team, board members, all vendors, suppliers and any other members of the public.
Role Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and support of the Employment Team (Employment Specialist I, Employment Specialist II, Job Coaches and CIC Floater). Develop new employment opportunities or expand existing contracts that serve participants in LifeROOTS employment services. Employment Team Supervisor is responsible for managing and expanding LifeROOTS Enclave Contracts.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions):
- Provides direct supervision to Employment Team Specialists I and II.
- Works closely with Service Coordinator assigned to employment support ensuring that documentation and communication meets the needs of that position.
- Ensures that paperwork compilation, safety practices, techniques, and work practices in accordance with State, Federal and company policies.
- Ensures that all time sheets are properly completed in a timely fashion and approves the payroll for #115 except the Service Coordinator.
- Maintains an awareness of budget hours, and keeps a daily written record of hours used per shift.
- Completes required paperwork accurately and timely according to departmental procedures.
- Communicates effectively with Employment team, which includes Vocational Service Coordinator, Director, CEO, employer representatives, and other relevant parties.
- Leads Employment team in developing employment opportunities for participants in all employment programs.
- Must be in the community weekly to develop relationships with employers and stakeholders in the inclusive employment field. Maintains a documented process or calendar.
- Participates in Divisional projects.
- Presents program in a positive manner to the public.
- Flexible in responding to varied job assignments – nights, weekends and holiday work may be required.
- Identify/solve problems before they become a crisis for the individual, employer and co-workers.
- Attends all participants and required staff meetings unless prior arrangements have been made with the department head.
- The Employment Team Supervisor will schedule, manage, train all Job Coaches and CIC floater.
- The Employment Team Supervisor must approve all Enclave Contract Billing.
- The Enclave Team Supervisor his must cross train with their staff to ensure consistency and quality of services.
- Complies with DVR, DD Waiver, Mi Via and State General Funds Standards.
- Maintains conduct that is professional and ethical at all times.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS policies and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that department-applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department-applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensure that all department-applicable safety requirements are fulfilled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Adult Community Services.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma/GED, BS preferred.
- One year of experience working with people with disabilities.
- At least one year of supervisory experience.
- Experience working in business community and industry preferable.
- Ability to convey a professional image and effectively market to area employers, prospective service recipients, and their families.
- Good oral and written communication skills a must.
- Participation in recent continuing education programs related to Community Services, per licensing requirements
- Must complete required training within 360 days of employment.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprints and background check.
- Able to pass maintain security clearance (both State & Federal).
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license with good driving record and must be insurable under state law.
- Routine operates a company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Physically able to perform essential functions of position without hazard to themselves or others.
- The work is non-sedentary, requiring bending, lifting, and carrying up to 40+lbs.
- Exposure to changing weather conditions.
- Assists with wheelchair transfer of non-ambulatory participants.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS may revise this job description.
Reporting to the position are:
- Employment Specialist I
- Employment Specialist II
- All Job Coaches and CIC Floater