Donating to a nonprofit organization strengthens the connection between you and your community. Giving to causes you care about not only benefits the nonprofits themselves but can be deeply rewarding for you, too. At LifeROOTS, you can see the difference a donation makes in the lives of the children and adults we work with every day, and you will know you are making a positive impact.
Giving back is important, but with so many local nonprofits, it can be tough to decide which one to donate to. Here are five tips that will guide you towards making a meaningful donation:
- Clarify your values. Decide what you’re passionate about before you decide where to send your money. You are sure to make the right choice if you donate to an organization that’s important to you and your family.
- Do your research. Make sure your chosen nonprofit is legitimate and the one you think it is. Search for online reviews and articles, talk to people who have experience with the organization, and stop by the main office to speak with a staff member.
- Assess the impact. Many nonprofits are transparent about how their donation funds are being used. Gifts given to LifeROOTS go to support our expert staff, state-of-the-art facilities, and the life-changing resources we offer our clients. You can feel good about donating when you know what your funds support.
- Make a donation plan. Writing a check may not be the only way you can give back. We offer multiple ways to give to our organization, from shopping with one of our local partners to using AmazonSmile and Facebook Fundraisers. Think about how giving fits into your overall financial plan as that may determine how you choose to donate.
- Spread the word. Share the reasons behind your donation on social media to inspire others as well. If you choose to give to LifeROOTS, be sure to tag us in your post!
Every small donation makes a big difference. By supporting our early learning programs, career coaching sessions, and adult enrichment, you’re providing the skills and services needed to improve someone’s life for years to come. Contact us today to learn more about our programs and how you can make an impact in your community.