AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – VETS, DISABILITY
Role Summary: Floor care Crew Leader must provide leadership that directs and manages team members, during the work shift. The Crew Leaders supervisory responsibilities include directing all Team members working in the building during the shift.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions):
- Ensures that basic floor care and periodic maintenance are fulfilled, according to the contract.
- Enforces and follows the guidelines of the quality control plan.
- Ensures that all time sheets are properly completed, and turned in to the contract manager in a timely manor.
- Maintains an awareness of budget hours for the shift, and keeps a daily written record of hours used per shift.
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies on a weekly basis to the manager.
- Train employees in the proper use of equipment and safety.
- Maintains phone accessibility from 2 hours prior to the start of all shifts.
- Notifies the managers of any inspection conducted and any corrective action taken.
- Provides direct supervision to crew members.
- Follows the guidelines of the quality control plan.
- Acts as a role model for the crew by exhibiting proper safety practices, hygiene, work practices in accordance with company policies.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS polices and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- All questions concerning floor care contract, work scheduling, issues with buildings and equipment, chemicals or supplies shall be directed to the contract managers.
- Adherence to the contracted floor care schedule is of prime importance and critical to the success of the contract. Any deviations to this must be approved by the contracts manager.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that all department-applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department-applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensure that all department-applicable safety requirements are fulfilled.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the contracts managers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED; combination of 3 years of experience in floor care and/or supervision of three or more people in the last five years.
- Must be able to read and write English and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Position may require security clearance.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Floor care Crew Leader should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage ones owns time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience working in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprints and background check.
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license with good driving record and must have current auto insurance as required by applicable state law.
- Routinely operates a company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position without hazard to self or others.
- Must be able to work independently
- The work is non-sedentary, requiring walking, frequent bending, lifting and carrying 60 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to operate floor care machinery, including scrubbers, burnishes and waxing machines.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS, Inc. may revise this job description.