AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – VETS, DISABILITY
Customers served (external and internal): all clients, any member of the LifeROOTS Team, board members, all vendors, suppliers and any other members of the public.
Role Summary: Provide Department of training to internal staff and external registered trainees for DOH; ANE and internal incidents. Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate. Educates and trains staff/employees as to their specific role and function to meet our mission objectives and achieve overall success for LifeROOTS.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions)
- Provide DOH required and quality training (ANE) to LifeROOTS staff and registered external trainees.
- Keep updates on all ANE/Incident training and reporting requirements. Update the Director of Quality on any changes in the requirements/standards or process.
- Maintains DOH Incident Report Training Certification and ANE TRAIN THE TRAINER certificate.
- Tracks and document all of LifeROOTS staff and their ANE training requirements. Communicate to the individual staff and their Director/Supervisor when they are required to train.
- Assist the Director of Quality Assurance in overseeing and directing the company’s quality outcomes measurement and performance system.
- Acts as consumer representative, to include client complaints, development, distribution and analysis of consumer surveys, and coordination of client meetings, as necessary.
- Publishes results of the consumer surveys for Senior Leadership review with recommendations for quality improvement.
- Follows-up on all CAIR reports to assure incident resolution; maintain incident logs associated trend analysis.
- Maintains DOH Incident Report Training Certification.
- Attend Metro Quarterly Training Meeting to stay updated on training material and standards
- Ensures compliance with all applicable internal/external quality assurance requirements.
- Assist with the company’s Compliance Officer and HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Ensures compliance with the company’s Master Compliance List.
- Develops, recommends and writes policies and procedures that address the quality assurance process and company initiatives related to quality assurance and or incident management.
- Reviews, prioritizes, develops and implements continuous quality improvement (CQI) projects.
- Produces CQI trending and aggregate data reports.
- Establish a method of work measurement for setting basic times and hence standard times for All Ability One employees.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Ensures that areas identified for quality improvement are addressed with time framed corrective action plans that are monitored and trended.
- Assures compliance with all Federal, State and Local standards specific to the operating and service delivery of the company’s contractual requirements.
- Responsible for the company’s quality assurance program and ensures that all department-applicable quality assurance requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensures that all department-applicable safety requirements are fulfilled.
- Prepares the department’s strategic planning quarterly/semi annual reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Quality Assurance.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma required- BA/BS preferred
- Knowledge of person-centered principles and values
- Experience teaching adults with disabilities and/or special needs
- Advocate and encourage self-advocacy for all participants
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, procedures and agency requirements.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Incident Coordinator should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience working in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Background check
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license, good driving record and must maintain current proof of automobile insurance as required by applicable state law.
- Routinely operates a company vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS, Inc. may revise this job description.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position without hazard to self or others.
- The work is mostly sedentary; some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of light items not exceeding 50 pounds.