Use your passion for LifeROOTS to inspire others
There are lots of ways to help LifeROOTS — even when time and money are tight.
The popularity of social media means there’s no reason to let limited resources stand in your way when it comes to giving back to the community you love and to a cause you believe in.
One really cool way to help LifeROOTS on social media is through Facebook Fundraiser, which will allow you to create and share a page on our behalf.
The average person spends more than 40 minutes a day scrolling through Facebook, which makes Facebook Fundraiser the perfect tool to spread the word about LifeROOTS’ mission of helping adults and children with physical, developmental and behavioral disabilities in the Albuquerque and Rio Rancho areas achieve self-sufficiency in their lives and prosper.
Through a Facebook Fundraiser, you can share information about a cause you feel passionate about, all while helping bring critical LifeROOTS services — such as workforce support, day habilitation, therapy and free early childhood intervention — to the adults and children in the Albuquerque and Rio Rancho areas who need it most. Setting up a Facebook Fundraiser page is easy, and regularly updating the page will give you the ability to keep your friends and family posted on your fundraising progress and on the very stories of hope and success from LifeROOTS clients that have inspired you.
To set up a Facebook Fundraiser page for LifeROOTS:
- Log on to your Facebook account.
- Click on Create Fundraiser in the menu on the left of your newsfeed.
- Search for LifeROOTS
- Choose a cover photo and fill in your fundraiser’s details.
- Click Create
- Share with your family and friends.
All Facebook Fundraisers are public and can be accessed by anyone with or without a Facebook account.
The most successful Facebook Fundraiser pages are ones that speak from the heart. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when creating yours:
- Be authentic. Tell your friends and family why LifeROOTS is important to you. Share a personal story about someone or something that touched your heart and prompted you to support our programs.
- Be specific. Let people know what LifeROOTS is, who we help and how we help them. Tell them what their donations will go toward. If you have any questions about our mission, go to liferootsnm.org or call 505-255-5501.
- Be transparent. Update your family and friends regularly on your fundraiser’s progress.
- Be consistent. Proactivity is key with Facebook Fundraiser pages. After you launch your fundraiser page, it is important that you maintain it with updates and informative posts.
- Be creative. The best way to reach potential donors is to show them what LifeROOTS is all about. Share relevant posts from other pages, upload photos and videos that will give your family an idea of how LifeROOTS helps adults and children with physical, developmental and behavioral disabilities in the Albuquerque and Rio Rancho areas.