Minimal effort. Major impact.
This is the perfect option for busy families, students and professionals who have limited time and a spoken-for budget, but who yearn to contribute to a cause that is important to them.
Thanks to the generosity of Smith’s Food and Drug’s, you can support LifeROOTS’ mission through the art of multitasking.
It’s this simple: You shop. You save. We benefit.
Smith’s Inspiring Donations program will give .5 percent of every dollar you spend at their chain of grocery stores to LifeROOTS — at no cost to you.
These are dollars you are already spending through a task you are already doing. In other words, without writing us a check or volunteering a single hour, you can help us provide critical programs and services to children and adults with disabilities in Albuquerque, including Early Childhood Intervention, therapy, parenting support groups, day habilitation, supported employment, job development and literacy initiatives for our participants.
Here’s how you do it:
- Sign up for a rewards card at any Smith’s customer service desk
- Enroll in the Inspiring Donations program by going to www.smithsfoodanddrug.com/inspire and signing in to or creating your Smith’s account
- Choose LifeROOTS as the charity you’d like to benefit from your shopping (our nonprofit number is 27263)
- Shop for groceries as you normally would
- Tell your friends and family to do the same. The more frequent shoppers who designate
LifeROOTS as their Inspiring Donations Program recipient, the more we get to help children and adults with disabilities achieve self-sufficiency.
For more information, go to www.smithsfoodanddrug.com/inspire or call 1-888-876-4847 (option 3 and then option 3 again).
Millions of dollars have been donated to community nonprofits through Smith’s Food and Drug stores’ Inspiring Donation Program. It is a win-win community service option. While shopping for your family’s groceries, you will also be enriching the quality of life of your neighbor and helping them gain independence.